Friday, December 22, 2006

light up bristol...


10
Originally uploaded by Nevoir.
It was one of those nasty winter evenings that you want to sit in and drink tea but I knew id regret not going down to college green to take some pictures.

I had had a look in on the way back from work and I dont think i've ever seen such a concentration of photographers in one place before. After popping home to pick up my kit I spent a good few hours trying to get something a bit different to the shots id already seen of it on flickr.

I stuck the lens on f8 to get the best from my lens and used exposures ranging from 15 to 30 seconds. The magic of seeing a shot with such vibrant colours is fantastic and really rekindled my love for night photography.

This shot is as we speak one of the most viewed from my flickr account so I thought it was worth a blog posting. The lights in the trees were amazing and were as much of a spectacle as the projections themselves.

I focussed on infinity and tripped the shutter with a remote release to leave the camera untouched. Details as follows:

70mm
f8
20 seconds
iso 200
tripod
raw
d70
remote release

No comments: